Arena Pharmaceuticals names Preston Klassen as EVP, CMO
Dr. Klassen has over 20 years of experience in biopharmaceutical product development.
Most recently, Dr. Klassen was Chief Medical Officer of Laboratoris Sanifit S.L. and prior to that was Executive Vice President, Head of Global Development at Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc.
Previously, he held several positions of increasing responsibility at Amgen Inc., including Therapeutic Area Head for Nephrology.
Prior to joining Amgen, Dr. Klassen was a faculty member in the Division of Nephrology at Duke University Medical Center.
He received his medical degree from the University of Nebraska College of Medicine and completed his residency in internal medicine, fellowship in nephrology, and masters in health sciences degree at Duke University. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- PennyMac Financial Services appoints Theodore W. Tozer to board
- Apple appoints Isabel Ge Mahe managing director of Greater China
- Seagate Technology appoints Ravi Naik as CIO
- MannKind appoints Steven Binder as CFO
- Achaogen appoints Karen Bernstein to board
More inside POST