Arena Pharma appoints EVP, chief business officer
Mr. Aurentz joins Arena with over 27 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
Prior to Arena, he served as the Chief Business Officer of Epirus Biopharmaceuticals.
Prior to that, Mr. Aurentz served as President of HemoShear Therapeutics, where he oversaw the scientific and business development efforts including collaborations with global organizations such as Pfizer, Eli Lilly, Janssen R&D and Children's National Health System.
Before his time at HemoShear Therapeutics, Mr. Aurentz was Executive Vice President and a member of the Executive Management Board at Merck KGaA (Merck Serono) where he directed R&D programs, portfolio strategy and headed deal activity and venture investments.
Mr. Aurentz is a former Executive Vice President at Quintiles, and Co-founder and Managing Director of a venture capital and advisory business. He started his career at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture). ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Peregrine Pharmaceuticals appoints Mark R. Bamforth to boards
- Endologix appoints John Onopchenko as COO
- Depomed appoints Santosh J. Vetticaden as CSO
- Wells Fargo names Michael Roemer as chief compliance officer
- ARMO BioSciences appoints Joseph Leveque as CMO
More inside POST