Arena Pharma appoints EVP, chief business officer
Mr. Aurentz joins Arena with over 27 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
Prior to Arena, he served as the Chief Business Officer of Epirus Biopharmaceuticals.
Prior to that, Mr. Aurentz served as President of HemoShear Therapeutics, where he oversaw the scientific and business development efforts including collaborations with global organizations such as Pfizer, Eli Lilly, Janssen R&D and Children's National Health System.
Before his time at HemoShear Therapeutics, Mr. Aurentz was Executive Vice President and a member of the Executive Management Board at Merck KGaA (Merck Serono) where he directed R&D programs, portfolio strategy and headed deal activity and venture investments.
Mr. Aurentz is a former Executive Vice President at Quintiles, and Co-founder and Managing Director of a venture capital and advisory business. He started his career at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture). ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- LPL Financial appoints Scott Seese as CIO
- S&W Seed Company promotes Mark W. Wong to CEO
- Adverum Biotechnologies appoints Athena Countouriotis as CMO
- RF Industries appoints Robert D. Dawson as CEO
- Smith Micro Software appoints Timothy C. Huffmyer as CFO
More inside POST