Arbuthnot Banking Group appoints Angela Knight to board
Ms. Knight is the Senior Independent Non-Executive Director of Tullett Prebon, a post she has held since 2011 and is currently the Senior Independent Director at Brewin Dolphin PLC.
She is Chair of the Office of Tax Simplification, an independent body of HM Treasury.
Ms. Knight was formerly the Chief Executive of Energy UK until December 2014, the Chief Executive of the British Bankers' Association from 2007 to 2012 and the Chief Executive of the Association of Private Client Investment Managers and Stockbrokers (now the Wealth Managers Association) from 1997 until 2006.
Ms. Knight was also formerly the Member of Parliament for Erewash from 1992 to 1997, serving as Economic Secretary from 1995 to 1997.
Her previous Non-Executive roles have also included the Financial Skills Partnership, Lloyds TSB, Scottish Widows and LogicaCMG. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Rentokil Initial appoints Sir Crispin Davis as non-executive director
- Barclays appoints Matthew Lester as non-executive director
- Drax Group appoints David Nussbaum as non-executive director
- Genesis Emerging Markets Fund appoints Katherine Tsang as non-executive director
- Action Hotels names Andrew Lindley finance director
More inside POST