Arak Resources appoints Jonathan Hykawy as director
Dr. Hykawy was trained as an experimental physicist and worked at some of the most prestigious laboratories in North America, including the Chalk River Laboratories of Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. as well as the Sudbury Neutrino Observatory.
Dr. Hykawy has been an equities analyst on Bay Street since 2000, covering technologies such as batteries and fuel cells, as well as and the critical materials used to manufacture these technologies, including lithium, cobalt and the rare earths.
He helped found Byron Capital Markets in 2009, a boutique brokerage operation. His current business, Stormcrow, consults with various clients that are involved in critical materials.
Dr. Hykawy, along with the rest of the Sudbury Neutrino Observatory Collaboration, was awarded the 2016 Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics.
He earned an MBA degree from Queen's University, after which he began working in the financial industry in Toronto. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM British Columbia
- Lion One Metals appoints John F. Robinson to board
- Lululemon athletica appoints Glenn Murphy as co-chairman
- Ballard Power Systems appoints Janet Woodruff to board
- Tango Mining appoints Samer Khalaf as director
- Novelion Therapeutics appoints Mark Corrigan to board
More inside POST