Apollo Global Management appoints senior managing director
Prior to joining Apollo, Mr. Parr was a Vice Chairman at Lazard. He has provided strategic advice to financial institutions worldwide for over 30 years.
During the financial crisis, Mr. Parr advised on the restructuring of Lehman Brothers, the sale of Bear Stearns to JPMorgan, the U.S. Treasury led restructuring of Fannie Mae and Mitsubishi UFJ’s investment in Morgan Stanley.
Prior to joining Lazard, Mr. Parr was with Morgan Stanley in numerous capacities. He was Chairman and Head of Global Financial Institutions, and earlier was Co-Head of the Global Mergers and Acquisitions Department.
Prior to Morgan Stanley, he was Co-President of Wasserstein Perella.
Mr. Parr graduated with honors, Phi Beta Kappa and Beta Gamma Sigma, from the University of North Carolina and received his M.B.A. from Northwestern University. He was awarded the Outstanding Alumni Award from the University of North Carolina in 2013. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- M&T Bank names Laura P. O'Hara senior vice president
- Akari Therapeutics to appoint David Horn Solomon as CEO
- Xylem appoints Paul Stellato as vice president
- Edward Campanella to join Arrow Financial as SVP, treasurer, and CFO
- Altaba appoints Richard L. Kauffman as director
More inside POST