Anthera names William Shanahan as chief medical officer
Dr. Shanahan joins Anthera with over 30 years of clinical development experience. Most recently, he served as the Chief Medical Officer of Arena Pharmaceuticals.
Dr. Shanahan previously served as Chief Medical Officer at Tanox from August 2000 until March 2004.
He also served as Vice President, Drug Development of Isis Pharmaceuticals, Director of Clinical Research at Pfizer Central Research, and Associate Director and Director of Clinical Research at Searle.
In addition, at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine Dr. Shanahan held various positions in the Division of Rheumatology including Assistant Professor and Clinical Associate Professor.
Dr. Shanahan holds an A.B. degree from Dartmouth College, an M.D. degree from the University of California, San Francisco, and a J.D. degree from Loyola University, Chicago. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- CBRE Group appoints Beth F. Cobert to board
- Cloudera appoints two to board
- Verifone appoints Rowan Trollope to board of directors
- Catasys appoints Christopher Shirley as CFO
- Silicon Valley Bank promotes Michael Descheneaux to president
More inside POST