Anglo American names Bruce Cleaver as new De Beers CEO
Mr. Cleaver served as De Beers’ executive director responsible for strategy and commercial relationships until 2015, also serving as Co-Acting CEO for a year prior to Philippe Mellier’s appointment in 2011.
He was appointed Group Director of Strategy and Business Development for Anglo American in 2015.
Before joining De Beers, he was a partner at Webber Wentzel, Africa's largest law firm, specialising in commercial matters, where he won several awards.
Mr. Cleaver holds a BSc in applied maths and an LLB from the University of Cape Town, as well as an LLM from Cambridge.
Duncan Wanblad, CEO of Anglo American’s Base Metals business, will add the Strategy & Business Development portfolio of Anglo American to his responsibilities.
Both appointments will take effect on July 1, 2016. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM South Africa
- SacOil appoints three directors
- Old Mutual appoint Trevor Manuel as OMEM chairman
- Mediclinic International appoints new director
- MiX Telematics CFO Megan Pydigadu to step down
- Coal of Africa appoints Shangren Ding as director
More inside POST