Andrew Woodley to lead Newmont’s North America businesss
Mr. Woodley joins Newmont having served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Rio Tinto’s Oyu Tolgoi copper and gold mining operations in Mongolia.
Prior to Oyu Tolgoi, Mr. Woodley was Managing Director for Rio Tinto Coal Mozambique and Country Head for Rio Tinto in Mozambique.
He has held the role of General Manager of Operations at mines in Australia, and has worked in exploration in Canada, as well as management consulting in mining, and manufacturing in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and the United States.
Mr. Woodley earned his Mining Engineering degree from the University of New South Wales, Australia and an MBA from Wilfrid Laurier University in Canada.
He succeeds Tom Kerr who retired from Newmont after 32 years of distinguished service to the Company. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Colorado
- ENSERVCO appoints Tucker Franciscus as CFO
- Array BioPharma appoints Shalini Sharp to board
- Zayo Group appoints Andrew Crouch as COO
- National CineMedia appoints Scott Felenstein as EVP
- Westmoreland appoints Gary Kohn as CFO
More inside POST