American Airlines Group names Robert Isom as president
Mr. Isom began his airline career at Northwest Airlines in 1991. He joined US Airways as chief operating officer in 2007 and led the turnaround of US Airways’ operating performance and reliability.
He was selected to become chief operating officer of American Airlines in 2013 after the merger of American and US Airways.
Mr. Isom succeeds J. Scott Kirby who is leaving the airline effective August 29, 2016.
Mr. Kirby began his airline career at America West Airlines in 1995 and was a key member of the executive team through the 2005 merger of America West and US Airways and the 2013 merger of US Airways and American Airlines.
He was named president of US Airways in 2006 and was elected as president of American Airlines in 2013. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Texas
- Dean Foods appoints Scott Vopni as interim CFO
- J. C. Penney elects Wonya Lucas to board
- Xplore Technologies names Robert McFarland to board
- Fossil Group appoints Jeffrey Boyer as CFO
- Houston Wire & Cable elects Roy Haley to board
More inside POST