Alphaeon appoints Murthy Simhambhatla as CEO
Dr. Simhambhatla joins ALPHAEON from Strathspey Crown where he has served as Senior Partner.
Prior to joining Strathspey Crown, he was most recently Senior Vice President at Abbott Laboratories and President of Abbott Medical Optics (AMO).
Prior to AMO, he led Abbott's Ibis Biosciences business focused on infectious disease diagnostics.
He joined Abbott through the acquisition of Guidant's vascular business in 2006, where he was Vice President and General Manager for Drug Eluting Stents.
Dr. Simhambhatla holds a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering from Anna University in India and master's and doctorate degrees in polymer engineering from the University of Akron.
He replaces Robert E. Grant who was recently appointed as Vice Chairman of the ALPHAEON Board of Directors. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Peregrine Pharmaceuticals appoints Mark R. Bamforth to boards
- Endologix appoints John Onopchenko as COO
- Depomed appoints Santosh J. Vetticaden as CSO
- Wells Fargo names Michael Roemer as chief compliance officer
- ARMO BioSciences appoints Joseph Leveque as CMO
More inside POST