Alphaeon appoints Murthy Simhambhatla as CEO
Dr. Simhambhatla joins ALPHAEON from Strathspey Crown where he has served as Senior Partner.
Prior to joining Strathspey Crown, he was most recently Senior Vice President at Abbott Laboratories and President of Abbott Medical Optics (AMO).
Prior to AMO, he led Abbott's Ibis Biosciences business focused on infectious disease diagnostics.
He joined Abbott through the acquisition of Guidant's vascular business in 2006, where he was Vice President and General Manager for Drug Eluting Stents.
Dr. Simhambhatla holds a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering from Anna University in India and master's and doctorate degrees in polymer engineering from the University of Akron.
He replaces Robert E. Grant who was recently appointed as Vice Chairman of the ALPHAEON Board of Directors. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- NuVasive appoints Rajesh J. Asarpota as CFO
- Sanmina appoints David Anderson as CFO
- RPX Corporation appoints Marty Roberts to board
- Pfenex appoints Evert Schimmelpennink as CEO
- Aqua Metals appoints Mark Weinswig as CFO
More inside POST