Alia Al Rifai appointed CFO of Siemens Middle East
Ms. Al Rifai assumed her new role after two years as Senior Executive Vice President of Finance for the Energy Management Division in the region.
Ms. Al Rifai career at Siemens spans close to two decades. As part of her remit, Ms. Al Rifai will oversee key growth markets in the region, including the UAE, Egypt, Qatar, Oman and Kuwait.
She started with Siemens as Commercial Project Manager in Damascus, Syria, in 1997. Since then, she has worked across different markets in the region and held various leadership positions, including CFO of Siemens in the UAE and in Qatar.
Ms. Al Rifai takes over from Stefan Halberstadt, who will join the Power and Gas Division’s Energy Solutions business unit as CFO in Germany, starting August 1, 2016.
Michael Loew will take over from Ms. Al Rifai as Senior Executive Vice President of Finance for the Energy Management Division in the region starting September 1, 2016. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Arab Emirates
- Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana names new director of sales
- GAC announces new management appointments
- Etihad CEO James Hogan to step down
- Yaming appoints new GM for Middle East and North Africa
- Drake & Scull appoints Wael Allan as new chief executive
More inside POST