Akamai elects Daniel Hesse to its board
In addition to his almost seven years as President and CEO of Sprint Corporation, Mr. Hesse has also served as Chairman and CEO of Embarq Corporation, a telecommunications services company.
Previously, he was Chairman, President and CEO of Terabeam Corporation, a wireless telecommunications technology company.
Mr. Hesse spent over two decades at AT&T, having led AT&T's Online Services Group and the launch of the company's first Internet service, WorldNet, and served as President and CEO of AT&T Wireless Services, the United States' largest wireless carrier at the time.
He has been named "Person of the Year" by RCR magazine, "Executive of the Year" by Wireless Business and Technology magazine, ranked as the "Most Influential Person in Mobile Technology" by Laptop magazine, and recognized as one of America's top CEOs by Glassdoor. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Massachusetts
- Welch's names Lesya Lysyj president, US
- Liberty Mutual appoints Gregg Cunningham as vice president
- Voyager Therapeutics appoints Matthew P. Ottmer as COO
- Ocular Therapeutix appoints Michael Goldstein as CMO
- Battery Ventures promotes three to vice presidents
More inside POST