Aegon to appoint Matthew Rider as CFO
Mr. Rider, who succeeds Darryl Button, will start on January 1, 2017.
Mr. Rider joins Aegon after a sabbatical following over 25 years in various roles within the financial services industry.
He was a member of ING's Management Board Insurance until 2013, having previously served as Chief Financial Officer for ING Insurance and as Head of Product Development for ING's US Retail Annuity Business.
From 1994 until 2003 Mr. Rider held various positions in the Merrill Lynch Insurance Group, including Chief Actuary and Chief Investment Officer.
Prior to joining Merrill Lynch he also worked for Transamerica and Banner Life Insurance Company.
Mr. Rider holds a Bachelor's Degree in Applied Mathematics and Economics from Brown University, Providence, RI. He is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Member of the American Academy of Actuaries. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM The Netherlands
- Chicago Bridge & Iron appoints Patrick K. Mullen as CEO
- Paulo Rodrigues da Silva named CEO of Euronext Lisbon
- Global Telecom and Vimpelcom name Matthieu Galvani CEO of Djezzy
- Kimberly Enterprises appoints Sagee Kadosh to board
- UniQure names Matthew Kapusta CEO
More inside POST