Acceleron Pharma adds Thomas McCourt to its board
Mr. McCourt serves as chief commercial officer and senior vice president of marketing and sales of Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Mr. McCourt brings 30 years of experience building commercial strategies and capabilities across multiple companies for new therapies.
Prior to joining Ironwood in 2009, where he led the commercial launch of Linzess, Mr. McCourt led the U.S. brand team for denosumab at Amgen Inc.
Before that, he held a number of senior commercial roles with Novartis AG, including directing the launch and growth of Zelnorm. He was also vice president of strategic marketing and operations during his tenure at Novartis AG.
Earlier in his career, Mr. McCourt was part of the founding team at Astra Merck Inc., leading the development of the medical affairs and science liaison group and serving as brand manager for Prilosec.
He earned a degree in pharmacy from the University of Wisconsin, where he serves as a member of the Board of Visitors for the School of Pharmacy. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Massachusetts
- Haemonetics Corporation appoints Robert E. Abernathy to board
- Tetraphase Pharma appoints Kamalam Unninayar as CFO
- Boston Biomedical appoints Edgar Braendle as vice president
- Analogic Corporation appoints Joseph Whitters to board
- Eleven Biotherapeutics appoints Richard F. Fitzgerald as interim CFO
More inside POST