Top 5 From This Section
- TX-NR929: Onkyo wi-fi-enabled 9.2-channel THX powerhouse
- Clearaudio Statement turntable
- The best iPhone amplifiers - with no electronics whatsoever
- Fujifilm X-E2 camera with the world's fastest AF speed
- The Kingdom Royal by Tannoy
Don't Miss Most Read
- Time to visit Lucerne
- For a polio-free world
- Akamai to buy Prolexic for $370 million
- Apple buys Topsy, price north of $200 million
- UK economy growing thanks to Chinese companies
- Singapore - Asia Light
- All-new BMW 2 Series Coupe
- Perini Navi 60-metre ketch Seahawk
- Eco-friendly fireplaces
- Round spas for your bath
- High-end luxury CD player
- The first phone with a dual-core processor
- When milk proteins become dangerous invaders
- Muscle stiffness
- This Thanksgiving iPhone was the buyer No1 among phones
- Chinese Purchasing Managers' Index stable
- Human brain tissue developed in a laboratory
- Computer model to help athletes and soldiers avoid brain damage
Download Windows Gadget
Wireless keyboard for PC, iPad and AndroidMonday 24 December 2012 15:03 CEST
Elecom's wireless keyboard with the name nobody can remember is in fact a very nice gadget for your PC, iPad or smartphone. And it's a great gift for your home geek.
Elecom TK-FBP049E Series (we'll call it Elecom), is a wireless Bluetooth3.0 keyboard and it can be used immediately just by sliding the main body to the left or right. It features Automatic Power Switch in which the cover automatically opens and the power turns on when the main body is slid. The power is turned off simply by closing the cover. Its cover gradually rises when the keyboard is opened, and a stand on which a smartphone can be placed.
Elecom has Input Mode Switch Key which allows you to switch the iOS and Windows mode to your heart's desire. Since the mode can be switched instantly by pressing a single button, one keyboard can be used for multiple terminals such as iPhone, iPad or Windows PC. The company has used its own technology to produce a model which allows Japanese input even when using iPad and iPhone.
Through the use of function keys located at the top of the keyboard, it is possible to take advantage of convenient features such as media playback and return to home screen. A dedicated driver is not necessary: the keyboard is ready to use, including the function keys as soon as it connected The 1.5mm keystroke flat panel enables a light and reliable key touch. Thanks to the compact, but typing friendly 17.5mm key pitch, text can be input comfortably.
Since it supports Bluetooth3.0, Elecom TK-FBP049E (oh, you ugly name!) can be used without separate receivers and allows for quick pairing. It can be operated from a distance of about 10 meters if placed on a non-magnetic material such as a wooden desk, or from about 3 meters on a magnetic material such as a steel desk.
The keyboard has a battery level indicator which flashes to inform you when you need to change the battery. It also comes with an automatic power switch which turns on when pressed, and off when closed. This helps to save battery power when not in use. It is compact and foldable, and is easy to carry around thanks to the case supplied with it.
It is available in Japan but we have no doubts it can be shipped anyhere in the world.