Top 5 From This Section
- Emotiva power amplifier XPR-1
- TX-NR929: Onkyo wi-fi-enabled 9.2-channel THX powerhouse
- Clearaudio Statement turntable
- The best iPhone amplifiers - with no electronics whatsoever
- The Kingdom Royal by Tannoy
Don't Miss Most Read
- Time to visit Lucerne
- For a polio-free world
- Akamai to buy Prolexic for $370 million
- You can't beat the numbers: Windows 7 retail ends
- Add colors to gray winter days
- Events in November 2010
- On the crossroad of the worlds
- The white beauty
- Bigger, better and more exclusive
- Marc Jacobs
- The spirit of water
- We don't need new BlackBerry
- Love me and I will love you
- Can I infect other people? Yes, you can.
- If I remember well, the prognosis is positive
- Ireland best for business
- UK to give 100m pounds for small businesses broadband
- Prescription drug deaths outnumber heroin and cocaine combined
- Survey: World's education at a very low level
Download Windows Gadget
TX-NR929: Onkyo wi-fi-enabled 9.2-channel THX powerhouseSunday 21 July 2013 00:01 CEST
If Onkyo TX-NR929 is not yet available in your country don't be tempted to buy something else: TX-NR929 is loaded with technologies to transform your home into a high-resolution entertainment haven.
Onkyo was one of the first manufacturers to embrace THX standards for home theater components, releasing the first-ever THX Certified A/V Receiver in 1994 and TX-NR929is THX Select2 Plus Certified, signifying they passed more than 2,000 bench tests.
The TX-NR929 Network A/V wi-fi-enabled receiver features 11.2 multichannel pre-outs and DTS Neo:X upmixing for surround-sound playback through up to 11 channels. If preferred, the user can assign four of the nine available channels to drive audio in Zone 2 and Zone 3 simultaneously. The receiver also has an extra HDMI output for sending high-def video to a second display. Multi-zone entertainment is managed via smartphone app.
As well as having the power to steer high-res movie soundtracks through nine channels at theater-reference volumes, the receiver is loaded with features to optimize two-channel performance. Pre-processing incorporates three 192kHz/24-bit TI Burr-Brown DACs (with one stereo DAC per front channel in Differential DAC Mode). Amplification come from Onkyo's Wide Range Amp Technology (WRAT) and discrete Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry, a combination that preserves a distinctively musical sound even at high volumes.
Audiophiles wishing to bi-amp their front speakers can find performance increases from Onkyo's proprietary Digital Processing Crossover Network. Digital Signal Processing splits the audio signal very precisely into separate high- and low-frequency signals, feeding them to the appropriate speaker drivers. This all but eliminates frequency overlap at the crossover point for a more transparent stereo image.
The super-powerful 135 Watts-per-channel THX Select2 Plus certified heavyweight can power audio in up to three zones, including Whole House mode for synchronized house-wide audio. It plays back files over your wireless home network, including MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD, LPCM, and Dolby TrueHD, all controllable by the Onkyo Remote App for iPod touch/iPhone, Android and Kindle devices.