Hospitality More than 300,000 readers cast their votes
La Réserve Paris, a boutique hotel located steps off the mythical Champs-Elysées with views of the Grand Palais and the Eiffel Tower has been named the world's best hotel 2017, by readers of Conde Nast Traveler.
For the publication's 30th annual Readers' Choice Awards, the 40-room boutique hotel outranked every other luxury hotel in the world to take the auspicious title.
This year, more than 300,000 readers cast their votes in categories like best hotels, cities, cruise liners and resorts.
Rounding out the podium for the best hotels in the world, are The Lodhi, New Delhi, India and The Gainsborough Bath Spa, Somerset, United Kingdom.
A tribute to la Belle Époque, rooms at La Réserve are decorated lavishly with silk walls, damascene brocade taffeta, velvet drapes, herringbone oak parquet, antique furnishings, and marble fireplaces.
Every room comes with a dedicated butler who will do everything from pack guests' bags, run a bath or order the kitchen to prepare a custom meal.
1. La Réserve Paris - Hotel and Spa, France
2. The Lodhi, New Delhi, India
3. The Gainsborough Bath Spa, Somerset, United Kingdom
4. The Reverie Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5. Summer Lodge Country House Hotel and Spa, Dorset, United Kingdom
6. Royal Mansour, Marrakech, Morocco
7. La Residence, Franschhoek, South Africa
8. Fasano São Paulo, Brazil
9. Archipelagos Hotel, Mykonos, Greece
10. Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, Netherlands. ■