Top 5 From This Section
- Fast and easy Hallberg-Rassy 372
- 2014 Toyota Tundra at the dealer near you
- CLS Shooting Brake: Beauty and the beast
- Gulfstream G650: World's fastest civilian jet
- Athena from the glory days of sailing ships
Don't Miss Most Read
- Time to visit Lucerne
- For a polio-free world
- Akamai to buy Prolexic for $370 million
- Apple buys Topsy, price north of $200 million
- UK economy growing thanks to Chinese companies
- Events in April 2010
- Misty city with Victorian charm
- New, bigger and improved Jeep
- Inspired by aircraft
- Take a stand. TV stand.
- Luxury treatment for your legs
- The Kingdom Royal by Tannoy
- Lamm Industries ML3 Signature monoblock amplifier
- The loop of obesity
- Learn about nerves
- Businessmen spend up to two hours booking hotel space for meetings
- Global Manufacturing PMI shows economy expansion
- Deal not to be missed: Gold Lamborghini Aventador
- Prescription drug deaths outnumber heroin and cocaine combined
Download Windows Gadget
The famous Impreza is backTuesday 25 May 2010 00:01 CEST
Subaru introduced a new 4-door version of its Impreza WRX STI performance model. The 2011 WRX STI features the 305-hp turbocharged engine and 6-speed manual transmission.
In front, the 2011 WRX STI models feature sharpened bumper corners and wider, blacked-out fog lamp nacelles to accentuate the "wide and low" profile. A spoiler with three-dimensional detailing emphasizes the cars' sporty nature.
Both the front and rear suspension systems employ higher-rate springs and thicker front and rear stabilizer bars than the 2010 model: 21 mm vs. 20 mm in front and 19 mm vs. 18 mm in rear. Spring rates have increased by 15.6 percent in front and 53 percent in the rear. The optional 18 x 8.5-in. BBS forged aluminum-alloy wheels, which further reduce unsprung vehicle weight, are highlighted by silver high-luster paint for 2011.
Exclusive to the WRX STI, the Brembo Performance Brake System uses ventilated 4-wheel Super Sport anti-lock (ABS) disc brakes with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD). Super Sport ABS can control the braking forces at each rear wheel independently, which optimizes braking ability during hard cornering to help reduce understeer. The 2011 WRX STI continues as the ultimate-performance Subaru with its high-boost 305-hp turbocharged an intercooled 4-cyl. Boxer engine and 6-speed manual transmission.
The WRX STI is equipped with advanced dynamic control systems, as well: the Multi-Mode Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) stability and traction control system is standard and features a track performance-optimized mode; Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-DRIVE) technology allows the driver to tailor the car's driving characteristics by choosing from among three selectable modes – "Intelligent," "Sport" and "Sport Sharp" – using a rotary dial on the centre console.
The standard tilt and telescopic steering wheel is a three-spoke, leather-wrapped design embossed with the STI logo and features control switches for Bluetooth hands-free phone function. A new AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD player features Bluetooth audio streaming and hands-free calling, iPod control capability, a USB port, 3.5mm aux. input jack and XM/SIRIUS satellite radio (subscription is extra). An available navigation system integrates a vehicle information centre and Bluetooth hands-free calling.