Top 5 From This Section
- Fast and easy Hallberg-Rassy 372
- 2014 Toyota Tundra at the dealer near you
- CLS Shooting Brake: Beauty and the beast
- Gulfstream G650: World's fastest civilian jet
- Athena from the glory days of sailing ships
Don't Miss Most Read
- Time to visit Lucerne
- For a polio-free world
- Akamai to buy Prolexic for $370 million
- Apple buys Topsy, price north of $200 million
- UK economy growing thanks to Chinese companies
- Where life came by wind, waves and wings
- Queen of the blue Danube
- Jeep Wrangler Dragon coming to North America
- Chevrolet will debut 2014 Chevy Camaro Convertible in Frankfurt
- Touch the flow
- Take a stand. TV stand.
- High-end luxury CD player
- The first phone with a dual-core processor
- Urinary incontinence
- Blood clotting disorder
- New York City to boost green energy production
- Detroit small businesses to get $20 million
- High-tech energy system at Santa Rita Jail
- Your body language is telling when's the time for a new drink
Download Windows Gadget
Swiss excellence in the skySunday 9 June 2013 00:01 CEST
Swiss chocolate, banks, and watches are all synonyms for excellence but Switzerland has another gem: Pilatus PC-24, a Crystal Class private jet.
Pilatus PC-24 is the only jet with the versatility of a turboprop, the cabin size of a medium-light jet, and the performance of a light jet.
Now a bit of technical data. Pilatus PC-24's maximum cruise speed is 425 k TAS (489 mph, 787 km/h), flying range is 1,950 nm (3,610 km), it flies at maximum altitude of 45,000 ft (13,716 m), time to climb sea level to FL450 is 30 min, and the landing distance over 50 ft obstacle is 2,525 ft (770 m).
It belongs to the Super Versatile Jet (SVJ) category and it has been engineered to be "off-road" compatible from the beginning. Its short-field performance, even on unpaved runways, opens up a great degree of mobility with access to a huge number of airports around the world. That means you can fly closer to your final destination than with any other business jet, using smaller airports while avoiding administrative procedures and reduce ground transfer time a minimum.
Pilatus used the finest-quality materials for the interior, chosen to enhance the passenger experience: soft leathers and rare hardwood cabinetry full of exquisite details create a bespoke interior that reflects the purpose of the aircraft. Extra large cabin windows flood the interior with natural light and the generously sized cabin allows for a great amount of headroom for both passengers and crew. Pilatus calls that a Crystal Class.
Each passenger seat features quick-change capability enabling its addition or removal in just a few minutes. The aft partition is movable so you can easily enlarge the passenger cabin or increase the baggage compartment volume for each and every flight. The PC-24 features also a fully enclosed, externally serviceable private lavatory. So, this plane can be used as a cargo, business, or governmental airplane.
As any other Pilatus aircraft the PC-24 is certified for single-pilot operation. The cockpit layout is efficient and intuitive. From the comfort of his seat, the pilot finds an environment that has been designed specifically to reduce workload and improve safety while providing full situational awareness under all circumstances. Simply put, the PC-24 is the perfect combination of single-pilot operational know-how, and state-of-the-art avionics technology.