Top 5 From This Section
- Gulfstream G650: World's fastest civilian jet
- Ram Black, bad to the bone
- 2014 Toyota Tundra at the dealer near you
- Fast and easy Hallberg-Rassy 372
- Athena from the glory days of sailing ships
Don't Miss Most Read
- Time to visit Lucerne
- For a polio-free world
- Akamai to buy Prolexic for $370 million
- You can't beat the numbers: Windows 7 retail ends
- Add colors to gray winter days
- Sign says Nashville Tennessee
- I met its soul
- Lamborghini Blancpain
- Saab 9-3 ePower is ready for the road
- Let there be light. Stylish, of course
- Beauty of the stone
- Love me and I will love you
- Laser-driven 3D TV
- Common cold
- The intra-gastric balloon
- China's trade surplus hit record high
- German biodiesel exports jumps this year
- U.S. Army wants Iron Man-like suit
- The next generation of luxury yachts will come from UAE
Download Windows Gadget
Ram Black, bad to the boneSaturday 27 July 2013 00:01 CEST
The Ram Black Express, the baddest-looking version of 1500 Express, is on sale starting this month. Its all-black exterior takes its aggressive good looks to a new level.
The 2013 Ram Black Express is all black, from top to bottom and everywhere inbetween. Starting with 20-inch black aluminum wheels, it also features a black front with fog lamps, black grille surround with black hex-link inserts, black rear bumper and black Ram's head badges on the grille and tailgate. All body-side badging has been removed.
The Ram Black Express also features bi-functional halogen projector headlamps with black bezels, 15 amber LEDs for park, turn, position lamp and three amber LEDs for the side marker. The taillamps also include black finishes and they are made of 15 red LEDs with three red LEDs for the side markers.
Under the hood the Ram 1500 Express is a good old working horse. In addition to the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with Fuel Saver Technology, 395 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque, the Ram 1500 Express comes loaded with content that emphasizes its high-performance character. It also features a locking tailgate, cargo lamp, rear-bumper step pad, 6-inch-by-9-inch sideview mirrors and rear wheel-well liners.
Standard features also include a 160-amp alternator, 26-gallon fuel tank, 3.55 rear-axle ratio, 700-amp maintenance-free battery, four- and seven-pin trailer wiring harness, multi-link coil rear suspension, heavy-duty front and rear shock absorbers, front and rear stabilizer bars, electric power steering, heavy-duty engine and transmission cooling, and a full-size spare tire.
The Ram 1500 Express Crew and Quad Cab buyers get a choice of cloth or vinyl 40/20/40 split-bench seats in black and diesel gray with either carpeted or heavy-duty vinyl floor covering. Other features include air conditioning, an instrument cluster with tachometer and 120-mph speedometer, four-spoke tilt steering wheel, six-speaker media center 5-inch touch screen with MP3 audio jack and 1.5-amp USB input for mobile devices.
The price of the base Black Express model is $26,955. Not much for the coolness factor on top of the proven technology.