RSS   Newsletter   Contact   Advertise with us
Post Online Media

Congo Ebola death toll rises to 170

Congo Ebola
Africa   Authorities had put the toll at 164 on Friday

The Ebola outbreak in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo has claimed 170 lives, health authorities said on Sunday.


The health ministry said in a bulletin they had recorded 267 cases including 170 deaths.

Authorities had put the toll at 164 on Friday.

In mid-October, Congolese authorities said they were facing a "second wave" of the outbreak centred on Beni, a town in North Kivu province near the border with Uganda.

The epicentre had earlier been focused on Mangina, around 20 kilometres (12 miles) from Beni.

 

What to read next
POST Online Media Contact

 
 

POST Online Media does not use cookies to collect information about visitors.   OK, hide this message   Third party ads may be using cookies, you can see how here.